Our Martin Campbell is an expert on Child Law. A major part of Martin’s practice in the last 5 years has been advising a local authority on these issues. Therefore, Martin is well placed to advise our clients on issues of Child Law and related issues particularly regarding matters under the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and the Adoption and Children (Scotland) Act 2007.
Martin can assist you in the following areas:-
- Lodging adoption petitions in the Sheriff Court (commonly known as “direct petitions”) or in the Court of Session on behalf of prospective adoptive parents. Sometimes the local authority will pay some or all of your legal fees as regards adoption proceedings. We are happy to undertake work where such arrangements are in place and we can liaise with the local authority directly regarding payment of our fees.
- Sheriff Court proceedings seeking the acquisition of Parental Rights and Responsibilities (including Residence Orders). These proceedings are often popular with grandparents. Sometimes the local authority will pay some or all of your legal fees as regards these proceedings. Again, we are happy to undertake work where such arrangements are in place and we can liaise with the local authority directly regarding payment of our fees.
- Contact Disputes & Mediation.
- Delegation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities Agreements.
- Recall of Child Protection Orders.
- Defence of Permanence Order Proceedings (whether with authority to adopt or not).
- Defence of Adoption Petitions.
- Representation for you or your child at the Children’s Hearing.
- Representation for you in appeals from the Children’s Hearing to the Sheriff Court (Grounds for Referral etc).
- Representation for you at meetings with local authority social workers, or Adoption and Fostering Panels.
- Defence of Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission proceedings.
Call us today on 0141 314 3569 or 0131 344 4239 for a free no obligation discussion. Alternatively, please e-mail us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org