We can advise local authorities on all aspects of the Adoption and Children (Scotland) Act 2007 the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and all associated regulations. In particular, we can provide advice and representation as follows:
- We can provide stage-by-stage advice throughout the permanency process. For example, we can provide advice from the initial pre-birth child protection case conference stage, right through to subsequent LAAC Reviews and the Permanency Panel. This can be conveniently done through e-mail, telephone or face-to-face meetings.
- We can provide practical legal advice in relation to difficult cases where the planning options are unclear or where there are multiple options.
- We can provide opinion advice on the prospects of successfully obtaining a Permanence Order with or without authority to adopt or an adoption order (“direct petition”).
- We can lodge applications for Permanence Orders with or without authority to adopt in the Sheriff Court or the Court of Session.
- We can apply at very short notice for Child Protection Orders and Exclusion Orders.
- We can defend applications to set aside Child Protection Orders in the Sheriff Court.
- We can provide general advice in relation to Looked After Children.
We can also provide specialist training in Adoption and Permanency Planning and also Core Court Skills. These are of particular relevance to Family Placement Teams, and newly qualified foster carers.
Call us today on 0141 314 3569 or 0131 344 4239 for a free no obligation discussion. Alternatively, please e-mail us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org